Generating a certificate request file
First, you need to create a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) file for creating a VoIP certificate.
- Launch Keychain Access. After that Certificate Assistant >> Request a certificate from Certificate Authority...
- Enter your Apple developer account email address in User Email Address field, Account Holder name in Common Name. Leave CA Email address blank and choose the "Saved to Disk" option.
Configuring your App ID in Apple Developer Portal
- Sign in to your Apple Developer account.
- Go to the Certificates, ids, and profiles section.
- Select the Certificates tab.
- Click on create new certificates button.
- Select "VoIP Services Certificate" and click on continue.
- Select your app id from the drop-down list and click on continue.
- Choose the Certificate Signing Request you created previously and click on Continue.
- Download the newly created certificate and double click on it to launch Keychain Access.
Exporting your Private Key
- First, create a new folder on Desktop and name it accordingly.
- Copy the downloaded Certificate in this folder.
- In Keychain Access, select the certificate you just added and right-click on it and choose option
Export "VoIP Services: your_app_identifier".
- Save it to the newly created folder in Step 1.
- It will ask for the password for the exported private key. Make sure you remember the password as it will be required in a later stage.
- Go to the newly created Folder. It will have two files i.e.
- Now open the terminal and navigate to this folder and run below three commands.
openssl x509 -inform der -in voip_services.cer -out initialCert.pem openssl pkcs12 -nocerts -in Certificate.p12 -out p12Key.pem cat initialCert.pem p12Key.pem > voipMain.pem
Note: In the second command it will ask for the password multiple times, you entered when exporting private key mentioned in step 3. Enter the same password.
Uploading .pem Files in Channelize Dashboard
- Go to your Channelize Account Dashboard.
- Select the Feature-Addons tab from the left pane.
- Click on the edit button on Voice & Video calls row. It will show a pop-up window.
VoIP Certificate PEM File, upload
VoIP Key PEM File, upload
Passphrase for key.pem fileinput box enter the password you entered during exporting private key.
APNs type, please select
Developmentfor Debug mode and
Productionfor release mode.
- For the
App Bundle Idinput box, enter your app's identifier appended by
.voip. For e.g. if your app identifier is
com.demo.appthen please enter
- Click on the Save button.